AFG vs. NZ After a crushing victory over Australia in Sydney, New Zealand will now travel to the storied MCG to take on the underdogs in Afghanistan. This makes for a fascinating contest for the viewers because both of these teams have quite different general T20 approaches.
With the bat, New Zealand has been employing a high-risk strategy that has previously yielded enormous benefits. On the other hand, the mysterious Afghan spinners would adore a meal of this style of batting. When batsmen take chances against them, they thrive. Even though they were defending a low total, this is what enabled them to extend the English innings to the 19th over. Will New Zealand continue to take a high-risk strategy or will they adopt the English method of playing out the Afghan spinners? Let’s investigate.
Date, Time, Venue, and other Match Details
Date:- 26 October 2022
Time:- 01:30 PM IST
Venue:- Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Fixture Name:- New Zealand vs Afghanistan, 21st Match, Super 12 Group 1
Competition:- T20 World Cup 2022
Telecast & Live Streaming:-
The Star Sports Network will broadcast live coverage of the T20 World Cup 2022 match between Australia and Sri Lanka. Additionally, Disneyplus.com/begin Hotstar users will be able to watch the live broadcast there.
New Zealand vs Afghanistan Pitch Report in Melbourne of Match 21
The pitch at MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) is evenly distributed. At this field, teams are more likely to choose to chase after winning the toss. The typical score at this stadium is 147, with the typical first innings score being about 146. Therefore, anything over the 160–165 run threshold may turn out to be the winning total in this field.
Weather Report of Match 21 in Melbourne
There won’t be ideal conditions for a game of cricket. Melbourne is forecast to see rain all day long with temperatures between 14 and 20 degrees Celsius.
Full Squad of New Zealand
Finn Allen, Devon Conway(wk), Kane Williamson (Captain), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult.
Full Squad of Afghanistan
Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmanullah Gurbaz(wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Usman Ghani, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi (Captain), Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik.
Head-to-Head Record of NZ vs AFG in T20 World Cup
Head-to-Head between New Zealand vs Afghanistan in the T20 World Cup had only once in 2021. New Zealand is having a lead of 1-0.
Winning probability of Match 21 NZ vs AFG
- Compared to Afghanistan, New Zealand possesses a far more seasoned and adaptable batting order. However, historically, Kiwi hitters have struggled to handle spin.
- All of New Zealand’s batsmen have the capacity to adjust their game depending on the circumstances.
- Afghanistan’s batting, however, is highly reliant on just Gurbaz, Zazai, and Ibrahim Zadran. Everyone besides their openers adopts a conservative approach, which is inappropriate for T20 cricket.
- Compared to Afghanistan, England has a greater pace of attack thanks to Boult, Ferguson, and Southee.
- Afghanistan, on the other hand, perhaps possesses the finest spin bowling team in the competition.
- The performance of the Kiwi batsmen against the 10–12 spinners from Afghanistan will determine the fate of the game.
- New Zealand defeated Afghanistan by 8 wickets in the most recent T20I match between these two teams.